Wednesday 5 March 2014

Minute steak with chips and asparagus

Husband went to the shops last weekend and came home with a few things, minute steaks being one of them. The last time I had a minute steak was nearly three years when I was in the hospital. While the meals were generally good in the two weeks I was in there, that minute steak was overcooked, resulting in a piece of chewy, tough meat, thus ruining my impression of the cut.

Minute steaks with romaine lettuce, hand-cooked potato chips, asparagus with balsamic vinegar


Still, it's not every day that Husband does the shopping, so I didn't say anything about the purchase and today I went ahead and prepared dinner using the steaks. Accompanying the steaks were some baby potato chips hand cooked in duck fat and grilled asparagus with balsamic vinegar.

Ingredients

250g extra lean minute steaks
romaine lettuce, washed & drained
350g baby potatoes, sliced, soaked & drained
1 tbsp duck fat (I rendered this a while ago and kept it in the fridge)
pinch of paprika
pinch of herbed pink salt
asparagus, trimmed & sectioned
splash of balsamic vinegar
fresh ground pepper








No comments:

Post a Comment

A morsel of your thoughts, please!