Saturday 19 April 2014

Good Friday dinner: grilled salmon with cream cheese sauce

I got some gorgeous fresh organic salmon fillets and grilled one fillet on Thursday. Husband was working late and had to skip dinner that night. But it actually worked out as the next day was Good Friday and being a (semi-practising) Catholic, he had to eat fish.

Grilling salmon is nothing new to me and I am pretty confident that I can get crispy skin each time. But I wanted to try something new with it so I opted to make a cream cheese sauce to accompany the fillets. I also roasted some baby potatoes in duck fat and blanched a handful of runner beans.
Grilled salmon with cream cheese sauce, roasted baby potatoes, blanched runner beans

Ingredients for the cream cheese sauce

for 2-3 fillets

55g full fat Philadelphia cream cheese, cubed

2 tbsp full fat milk
3-4 drops tabasco sauce
1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
squeeze of lemon, to taste


Method

  1. Mix the cream cheese and milk in a saucepan on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly till the cream cheese has completely melted and fully blended with the milk.
  2. Turn off the heat and mix in the tabasco sauce.
  3. Stir in the parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
  4. Pour over the grilled salmon fillets and serve immediately.

As I had my salmon on Thursday night and I'm not Catholic, my Friday dinner was something only I would eat (or try to eat, anyway) - sautéed lamb's liver.
Sautéed lamb's liver with chestnut mushrooms in ginger and spring onions



No comments:

Post a Comment

A morsel of your thoughts, please!